I joined Elastic one year ago as a Senior Engineering Manager - changing job during the pandemic felt weird and was emotionally challenging but there isn’t any other place I’d like to be during these funky times; I can work from home, fully supported in taking care of the family (myself included) whenever I need to.
Random stuff that’s going on:
- After being on a diet during the whole winter and spring, I touched my lowest weight in May. With the lockdown being lifted it was impossible to keep up with a strict diet AND meals with friends and family, so I’ve started relaxing a bit the requirements, so to speak. I keep eating healthy and according to the general directions from my nutritionist, I hit the gym 3 times per week, I gained back some weight but I feel good and I’m still 7 kilograms below where I started.
- I’m teaching myself basic financial education, I should’ve done this 25 years ago but I like thinking it’s never too late to start doing the right thing.
- I keep practicing guitar, my gear consists of a Seagull S60 acoustic guitar and an Acus One Forstrings 5T amplifier. I recently acquired a travel guitar, a Crafter Mino and it’s unbelievable how much more I’m playing it compared to the S60. I think the fact that’s smaller and lighter (along with a great sound and volume) makes super easy to pick it up whenever I have a second to sit down.
- I keep adding notes to my Zettelkasten so I think it’s time to use my Zk to write something :)
- Management is not a promotion, management is a change of profession.
- You only have this one crazy and precious life. That’s why you owe it to yourself to see who you can become, and how far you can go.
- Would you buy a car if it eats 100 liters per 100 kilometers? How about 1000 liters? With computers, we do that all the time.